Shah Alam, 27 August 2018 – UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd (UMWT) today announced its involvement into the world of Esports, a first of its kind by a Malaysian car company!
The company’s first move into the sports is the upcoming Toyota Velocity Esports Championship, the biggest national racing event in Malaysia, which will be held at the Sunway Pyramid Blue Atrium from the 21st to 23rd of September.
Those who are interested to become Malaysia’s quickest and fastest racing simulator driver are welcome to participate without any fees. Entries are open for up to 400 participants who hold Malaysian citizenship or residency status.
- The game? The exhilarating Gran Turismo Sport.
- The racetrack? The legendary, Suzuka Japan GT.
- The car? The speedy, Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept!
- The Prize? Total of RM60,000 (Top prizes 1st=RM20,000, 2nd =RM10,000 and 3rd =RM5,000).
There will also be an exciting exhibition race participated by celebrities from Toyota Gazoo Racing (TGR) Festival and all of this are not to be missed!
“At Toyota, we always have our youth in mind. The Esports is on a steep upward curve and has the potential to become one of the top five sports in the world. This rapidly-rising industry is a new and exciting experience especially for the younger generation and with that being said, we at Toyota would like to be at the forefront of this Championship Series,” said Mr. Ravindran K., President of UMWT.
More details on registration procedures, programmes and a lot more about the exciting event will be announced soon. Log on to www.toyota.com.my to find out more.
Buckle up and get your game on with Toyota!
Latest posts by VOIZ asia (see all)
- BMW Malaysia unveils sexy new beast - 14th March 2019
- Gold Rain and Hailstones kicks off ICT 30th anniversary - 28th February 2019
- The people’s victory - 15th February 2019